Critter Free Pinecones for Decorating


We don't have too many pine cones in Southern California unless we go up through the mountains, so when I came across this "Bake the Bugs out of Your Pine cones" I have to admit, I never thought of that.

I've picked up Magnolia pods for decorating and I'm sure it would be a very good idea to bake the bugs out of them too.

Basically, the House of Hepworths recommends pre-heating your oven to 200 and then putting in the pine cones or whatever goodies you might have, and bake for 45 minutes.  I'd take her advice too and only bake for 45 minutes. You might want to check on them every once in a while too as she had some burned ones after baking for an hour and a half.

Let us know if you baked the bugs out of your goodies from nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...