Traditions - Christmas Eve

What a treat it is to have Christmas Eve Traditions to look forward to. My neighbors, Bill and Alice, introduced us to their Christmas Eve traditions of Tamales and Chili. Growing up in Illinois, I can't say if I'd ever even had a tamale until I moved to Southern California.

My parents always made Rueben Sandwiches after we all got back from seeing all their friends and enjoying Hot Tom & Jerrys at the Moose Lodge in the small town where they lived.

One year when my parents were at my home, I told them about Bill and Alice's second tradition of giving their girls pajamas to open Christmas Eve, thereby ensuring great Christmas morning pictures in new, usually matching, pajamas. My parents loved the idea and that year we went shopping and found coordinating pajamas for the entire family (except Lauren who's in red-no matching in her size that year.)

This was such a big hit, it has continued every year with the first presents opened Christmas Eve being our pajamas, and everybody changing into them to get comfy for the evening of fun. It's not always easy to find pajamas for a family of 14, but it sure is fun to wear them!


Let us know what traditions your family enjoys during the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...